We welcome to the competition choirs from Estonia and abroad. There is no age limit for the singers. Competition takes place in one category (regardless of the type of choir) and in two rounds: I round or demo round and II round or final. Artistic director: Mr. Toomas Voll
Organizer: Valga Kultuuri- ja Huvialakeskus
V international pop/jazz competition-festival “LAULURAGIN 2019” for choirs and duets on 09th to 10th November in Valga.
We welcome to the competition choirs and duets from Estonia and abroad. There is no age limit for the singers. The competition is held in two categories: choirs (regardless of the type of choir) and duets. First round of the competition or demo round and second round or final.
Registration deadline for the demo round is 10th September, 2019. To participate in the competition, you need to send in a filled out registration questionnaire and one recorded song of your free choice in the pop/jazz genres as a mp3 file by this date. The questionnaire can be filled out online on the competition homepage at www.valgakultuurikeskus.ee
The jury will choose for the final 10 choirs and 20 duets based on the demos. The finalists are announced by 15th September on the competition homepage. We expect the following information from the finalists by 25th September:
· CV (short text introducing the choir)
· photo of the choir in JPG format
· sheet music for two songs – computer-made or printed musical notation, authors, arrangers, impeccable description of form with all required indication symbols, chord symbols etc.
NB! CV and photo are not required for duets.
- Payment for participation in the final is 100 euro per choir and 20 euro per duet, and this has to be paid by 25th September, 2019 to the account of Valga Rural Municipality Government,EE491010202000577004 in SEB Pank, note “Lauluragin” and name of the choir or names of the singers in the case of a duet.
Programme (for choirs)
- programme length max 10 minutes, the jury will dock points for exceeding this time
- performance in the final of the competition will take place together with Antti Kammiste backup band
- 2 songs must be performed (different characters):
1. pop or jazz work of authors from your country in your native language
2. pop or jazz work from world music
NB! One of the two works may also be performed a cappella.
Programme (for duets)
Timetable of the festival
09th November, in the Valga Culture and Hobby Center
10.00 – 11.00 Rehearsal of Antti Kammiste band
11.00 – 13.00 Band rehearsal for the choirs (30 minutes per choir, competition programme)
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch break
14.00 – 17.00 Band rehearsal for the choirs continues
17.00 – 18.40 Microphone rehearsals for duets (10)
19.30 Opening ceremony of the festival. Choir concert. Duet competition.
All choirs participate. Every choir performs a song of their free choice (not the competition programme) and takes care of their own accompaniment. Recordings are allowed. Piano and drums are available for use.
22.30 Party for festival participants
10th November, in the Valga Culture and Hobby Center
11.00 – 11.45 Sirje Medell's workshop - Vocal Pilates
11.00 – 12.40 Microphone rehearsals for duets (10)
14.00 - 17.30 Choir and duet competition
Final ceremony, award ceremony.
Choirs and duets are judged by an international jury.
Awards: Choirs Duets
I place 500€ 150€
II place 300€ 100€
III place 200€ 75€
Competition jury has the right to present additional special awards
Exact information on festival timetable and organization (accommodation, boarding) will be forwarded to the finalists at the latest by 25th September.
V international pop/jazz competition-festival “LAULURAGIN 2019” for choirs and duets is organized by the Valga Culture and Hobby Center.
Artistic director of the festival Toomas Voll, +372 522 2395,
Representative of the organizer Kaja Sisask, tel +372 5349 4175,